Don't Miss National Wellness Week 2016!
National Wellness Week 2016 is Next Week: September 11 - 17
National Wellness Week is right around the corner. At SAMHSA's Program to Achieve Wellness, we want to make sure you have information and resources you can use to promote wellness during National Wellness Week. Whether you're focusing on your own personal wellness, organizing a community event, or leading a national effort, the materials below can help!
Get Involved: Find a Wellness Event
Find Wellness Events in your area and learn more about local activities to support recovery efforts. Local and national events, no matter how large or small, can go a long way in promoting the benefits of recovery. And, it's not too late to help your communities by posting an event today!
SAMHSA's Program to Achieve Wellness (PAW) will be hosting a live web event on Monday, September 12 at 3pm ET to announce the winners of the 2016 Recognition of Excellence in Wellness (the Recognition). The Recognition is designed to acknowledge organizations and communities for their exemplary wellness efforts. Learn more about the 2016 Recognition on the PAW webpage, and register for the event today!
And, stay tuned!: PAW will be hosting a webinar that will provide information and resources on how to organize health fairs, featuring wellness champion and PAW Senior Consultant, Dr. Peggy Swarbrick. Additional details will follow closer to the event date.
Don't forget: If you need assistance planning a National Wellness Week event, contact SAMHSA's Program to Achieve Wellness at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get Focused with Wellness Podcasts
These podcasts from SAMHSA's Wellness Initiative will help get you focused on wellness.
Having the Conversation: Speaking Wellness in Your Healthcare Visits
Can you "speak wellness?" Learn what people receiving services and healthcare providers can do to address whole health: emotional, environmental, financial, intellectual, occupational, physical, social, and spiritual.
Listen to the podcast (MP3 | 24 MB)
Getting Well Through Recovery: Why Wellness Matters and How Your Peers Can Support You
Learn ways to practice wellness every day and why wellness is so important for people in recovery. Find out how peers can support all dimensions of wellness.
Listen to the podcast (MP3 | 70 MB)
Go to SAMHSA's Wellness Podcasts Page for more!
Get Social and #ShareWellness
SAMHSA's Wellness Initiative encourages you to share the wellness podcasts on your professional and personal social channels. Feel free to use the following messaging:
- Learn more about important wellness issues - ranging from tips for handling triggers in the workplace to how peers can support all dimensions of wellness - from experts in the field from a podcast series hosted by @SAMHSA. #ShareWellness http://bit.ly/2aGq0fb
- Have you checked out @SAMHSA's podcast series yet? Join wellness specialists and other experts as they discuss tips for maintaining wellness, the role of peer support, and other important topics. #ShareWellness http://bit.ly/2aGq0fb
Get Ready with National Wellness Week Resources
These free resources will help you get ready for National Wellness Week 2016!
- National Wellness Week Poster - describes the top three ways that consumers can promote wellness for themselves
- Promoting Wellness: A Guide to Community Action - contains tools and information for communities interested in organizing wellness activities that promote recovery from mental and/or substance use disorders
- SAMHSA's National Wellness Week Needs You - a customizable flyer for adding your own community's event details, designed for promoting National Wellness Week
- SAMHSA's Wellness Initiative: Wellness Community PowerPoint Presentation - a customizable PowerPoint template for organizations and providers to use in educating audiences and promoting community events around National Wellness Week
- What You Need to Know About National Wellness Week - explains the role of wellness in recovery and overall health, as well as the eight dimensions of wellness