This training is for all interested individuals and specifically those who provide care to older adults, such as nurses, social workers, case managers, housing service coordinators, nursing home administrators, personal care home administrators, and aging and mental health workers.
At the completion of this seminar, participants will be able to:
- Understand hoarding as a mental health and social issue
- Differentiate hoarding as a behavior versus hoarding as an illness
- Explain the new hoarding diagnosis in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual 5 Edition
- Understand the complexity of treatment for individuals who have hoarding behaviors
- Appreciate the importance of cross-system collaborative approaches when working with individuals with hoarding behaviors
Click here for flyer.
Program approved for 4 hours of Nursing, Social Work, Case Management, NHA, and PCHA credits.